Lauren Szolomayer, Excel Orthopaedic Specialists
Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic Surgery, Shoulder, Knee, Joint Replacement Surgery
Dr. Szolomayer joined Excel in September 2019 and is accepting new patients!
I grew up nearby in the Boston suburbs. I earned my undergraduate degree from Princeton University in mechanical and aerospace engineering and worked for several years designing satellites at Boeing before starting medical school at Tufts University. I then went on to complete an orthopaedic surgery residency at Yale University. During my Sports Medicine fellowship at the University of Connecticut, I trained with some of the most-well known surgeons in the field. I specialized in treating a wide range of sports injuries and cared for elite Division 1 athletes.
My clinical interests include arthroscopic treatment of knee and shoulder injuries, treatment of patellofemoral disorders, knee ligament reconstructive procedures, meniscus repairs, shoulder injuries, and joint replacement as well as fracture care.
Outside of work, I enjoy running, soccer, skiing and triathlons.
- Princeton University, BSE Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Princeton, NJ 2005
- Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA – MD 2013
- Yale University, Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery, New Haven, CT 2018
- University of Connecticut Health, Fellowship in Sports Medicine, Farmington, CT 2019
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons Board Eligible 2021
- Candidate member American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Dr. Szolomayers’ PubMed Publications
- Incidence of and Risk Factors for Knee Collateral Ligament Injuries With Proximal Tibia Fractures: A Study of 32,441 Patients
- Incidence of and Risk Factors for Inpatient Stroke After Hip Fractures in the Elderly
- Popliteal Artery Entrapment Syndrome: Bilateral Lower Extremity Involvement
- Leiomyoma of the Foot and Ankle: A Case Series
- Bilateral atypical femur fractures without bisphosphonate exposure
- Szolomayer LK, Kotsyun R, Kelly CM, Nissen CW. Skeletally immature patients’ ability to return to sport following physeal sparing ACL reconstruction. Manuscript under review
- Szolomayer LK, Arciero RA, “Arthroscopic anterior shoulder instability in the athlete,” Shoulder Instability in the Athlete: Management and Surgical Techniques for Optimized Return to Play, edited by Dr. Jonathan F. Dickens and Dr. Brett D. Owens, Slack Inc. 2020.
- Outcomes of Total Shoulder Arthroplasty With Posterior Capsular Plication
- Teaching Clinical Reasoning: Turning Novices into Expert Diagnosticians, Outline and Applications to Teaching Clinical Orthopedics
- Szolomayer LK, Gala R, Cabrejo R, Yue JJ. “Chapter 16: Endoscopically Assisted Lumbar Medial Branch Rhizotomy,” Perioperative Pain Management for Orthopaedic and Spine Surgery, Oxford University Press, 2018.